Today was my first day in the studio in a few weeks. I was there to load/unload the student kilns. Even after unloading two kilns and reloading one, I had a ton of energy. I was ready to get dirty. But as I looked at my tools, I realized I wasn’t prepared. I didn’t have a towel or apron. I didn’t have a clue about what I wanted or needed to make. So while ready, I wasn’t prepared.
Usually this is a great time for experimenting. But my creative juices weren’t running that deep. I only have 11 weeks until my next firing so I don’t have a lot of time for experimentation. I need to be focused and have a plan. So this week it is back to the sketch book and inventory sheet to see what I need to be doing.
The weekend wasn’t a complete loss. I finished the rework of my website. I posted several new pots on Etsy. And I spent a good portion of Saturday in the kitchen. Here are some pictures of my cooking and baking endeavors.